Imagine a feature film produced in the heart of your local area. Think of the extras needed for crowd scenes, the catering for hungry crew, the cars hired from a local business, the hotels filled with actors, the equipment hired locally. The benefits to the local economy are clear. Not to mention the publicity and knock-on effects to the economy.
Working in collaboration with councils and the community in Sussex we've already generated over £8 million pounds for the local economy.
Become part of our Film Friendly Sussex network an all inclusive service for filmmakers and photographers.
We provide film liaison and production support for companies and individuals planning and undertaking filming or photo shoots in the area. Utilising local businesses and industry experts we showcase what Sussex has to offer and help to boost the local economy.
Why do people use the Sussex Film Office?
• A fast one stop shop for production companies
• Promoting Sussex to a targeted market with a database of over 20,0000 industry contacts
• We negotiate fees to suit budgets and all parties
• Free and easy to use centralised permit application system
• Professional liaison and support services
• Work for local industry experts and the community
• Understanding and respecting SSSI ( Site of Special Scientific Interest) locations
• Unparalleled knowledge of filming throughout East and West Sussex
• Building our own filmmakers funding pot for future productions
Suggested ways to collaborate
Ensuring production companies are provided with a
smooth process we enable the council or organisation to generate additional revenue. We will do this by:
• Ensuring location fees are suitable for the type and size of the production, encouraging filmmakers to return
• Utilising land and property for filming, unit bases and production offices
• Working together to provide additional opportunities for economic growth
• Implementing our free centralised permit and management system to work efficiently with all parties
To find out more contact Sussex Film Office on 01903 885379 or email firstname.lastname@example.org