Register Your Property

When a production company comes rolling into town, we get a whole host of requests for locations from residential houses to derelict offices. Therefore, we want to work with you to give them the best Sussex has to offer.

If you own a property or a piece of land, then join Sussex Film Office’s community and make it easy for filmmakers to find you. We are looking for all types of locations, so don’t be put off by the size or condition of your property or land.

We are always on the hunt for ...

How does it work?

All you need to do is list your property on our database with as much information and as many images as possible. If a filmmaker wants to use your property, you’ll receive an email from us with the details of the shoot, you can then accept or decline the request. If you accept then we will organise a recce with you and the filmmakers and negotiate the fees.  Once the shoot is complete, you’ll receive payment and get to enjoy seeing your property in a film, commercial, TV show or magazine.

The next steps are either...


Speak to our team on 01903 885379


Email images and a short description

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does it cost to list my property?

Nothing, it’s free! If you agree to let filmmakers use your property or land, we will take a 20% commission off the fee.

Do I have to agree to every shoot request I get?

No, it is completely up to you which shoots you agree to.

How much money can I make?

Depending on the size of the production and the type of property you can make anything from £100 a day to £10,000 a day.

How much notice will I be given?

Some production companies pick locations quite last minute so you may only be given a few days’ notice. However, if it isn’t convenient you don’t have to agree to it but be aware that they are more likely to go elsewhere than change the date of the shoot.

Will I have to move out whilst they are filming?

This will depend on the size of the production, some will only need to use your property for a few hours whilst you’re out at work others may need to be there for a few weeks. But, if a production does need to use your home for a few weeks they may pay for alternative accommodation for you, or the inconvenience caused will be reflected in the fee.

What happens if something is damaged during filming?

All productions that we work with must provide a copy of their insurance so we can guarantee any damages will be covered and a damage deposit cheque will be give prior to filming.